[Fusioninventory-devel] FusionInventory cooperation

Gonéri Le Bouder goneri at rulezlan.org
Wed Feb 17 13:23:05 UTC 2010

2010/2/17 Mario Gzuk <mariogzuk at technikz.de>:

>>> Is there some doc about the parameters send to the client?
>>> FRAG_LATENCY="10"
>>> PERIOD_LATENCY="1"
>>> TIMEOUT="30"
>>> ON="1"
>>> TYPE="CONF"
>>> CYCLE_LATENCY="60"
>>> PERIOD_LENGTH="10"
>> They are all related to software deployment:
>> http://wiki.ocsinventory-ng.org/index.php/Documentation:Administration
>
> Ok. So I dont need this params... But what about the parameters
> controlling the inventory part of the agent?
>
> REGISTRY         Activates or disables the registry query function (for
> Windows agent only).
> PROLOG_FREQ      Controls how often the windows service agent runs.
> Specified in number of hours 1-24. The agent will contact the OCS server
> every PROLOG_FREQ hours. The agent will not send an inventory if
> inventory is not older than FREQUENCY days.
> FREQUENCY        Specify the frequency in days of inventories.
>
> Are this all parameters I need to control the inventory part?
There is also IPDISCOVER, but you can ignore it, because the new SNMP
and NETDISCOVER are better solution now.

> Can I send this options in the same way to the client:
> <PROLOG_FREQ>24</PROLOG_FREQ>
> <FREQUENCY>3</FREQUENCY>
>
> What should the server answer if the inventory was send to the server?

FREQUENCY is not used at all in the FusionInventory Agent. Patch
welcome, but I don't know exactly how this should be implemented. The
Win32 agent is the reference, and we should study it first.

> For the future it would be also nice to know how to send a
> <REGISTRY>?</REGISTRY> query to the client.
Indeed, since we want to port the FusionInventory Agent 2.x branch to
Windows, we will have to create a Registry.pm module.

> Looking @ all let me say that you have already done a realy nice work!
> Keep on.
Thanks :)

--