[Fusioninventory-devel] HP Integrated Lights-Out (iLO) (Management Interface of HP ProLiant servers)

Bruno Cornec Bruno.Cornec at hp.com
Mon Jun 21 15:10:11 UTC 2010

Amir Pakdel said on Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 12:43:32PM +0430:

> I think BMCs are separate SingleBoardComputers and can be used as
> the management interface of multiple blades; therefore they should
> have a separate entry in the hardware table, and they can be linked
> to each blade as a management interface.

For HP ProLiant Blades, you have an Onboard Administrator (OA) attached
to the blade chassis and able to report everything related to the whole
chassis + blade. It has its own MAC addree and is separated from the
blades. It also allows you to connect in a SSO mode to each Blade's iLO,
which allows you to manage each system. Again iLOs are separated from
the Blade, have their own MAC address.

There is normally no relationship between the host and the iLO, except
if you load an additional driver on your OS in order to allow some
communication between the 2.

Let me know if you need more details.
Bruno.
--