[Fusioninventory-devel] HP Integrated Lights-Out (iLO) (Management Interface of HP ProLiant servers)

David DURIEUX d.durieux at siprossii.com
Tue Jun 22 09:13:59 UTC 2010

Le Tue, 22 Jun 2010 08:09:40 +0430
Amir Pakdel <a.pakdel at karafarinbank.net> a écrit:

>Dear Bruno,
>
>Thanks for the info :)
>One more thing: What about BMC?
>Could you point me to a brief documentation? (I do not want to take
>much of your time :D)
>
>Cheers,
>Amir
>

>On 06/21/2010 07:40 PM, Bruno Cornec wrote:
>> Amir Pakdel said on Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 12:43:32PM +0430:
>>

>>> I think BMCs are separate SingleBoardComputers and can be used as
>>> the management interface of multiple blades; therefore they should
>>> have a separate entry in the hardware table, and they can be linked
>>> to each blade as a management interface.
>>>
>> For HP ProLiant Blades, you have an Onboard Administrator (OA)
>> attached to the blade chassis and able to report everything related
>> to the whole chassis + blade. It has its own MAC addree and is
>> separated from the blades. It also allows you to connect in a SSO
>> mode to each Blade's iLO, which allows you to manage each system.
>> Again iLOs are separated from the Blade, have their own MAC address.
>>
>> There is normally no relationship between the host and the iLO,
>> except if you load an additional driver on your OS in order to allow
>> some communication between the 2.
>>
>> Let me know if you need more details.
>> Bruno.

1/ How to know if when you connect to ILO it's blade or a standard
server ?

I explain : on a standard server, you can get informations of hardware
of server and idem if we have fusion agent on this. So in this case we
don't use ILO. in case of Blade, it's better to have this informations
because we can't install agent on chassis.

2/ I think, we must add code in snmp module because it get informations
remotly, can you get me how to get this informations and how to connect
to ILO?

3/ is an emulator of ILO is available to begin to develop this part?

Thank for responses.

David Durieux
++