[Fusioninventory-devel] HP Integrated Lights-Out (iLO) (Management Interface of HP ProLiant servers)

Stéphane Urbanovski s.urbanovski at ac-nancy-metz.fr
Fri May 28 16:07:37 UTC 2010

Gonéri Le Bouder a écrit :
> 2010/5/27 Stéphane Urbanovski <s.urbanovski at ac-nancy-metz.fr>:
>> Gonéri Le Bouder a écrit :

>>> So maybe we should create a <MANAGEMENTCONTROLLER> section instead?
>> ManagementController is already defined :
>> http://www.vmware.com/support/developer/cim-sdk/smash/u2/ga/apirefdoc/CIM_ManagementController.html

I think I was not clear here : ManagementController is already defined, but for something else (I2C controllers for example)

>> Such controllers are really like a ComputerSystem class (something with a
>> Processor, an OperatingSystem ( firmware), an IPProtocolEndPoint (IP
>> address), Services ...).
>> They just have a special relation with the host.
> Ok so if we create a new section like this:
> <MANAGEMENTCONTROLLER>
>   <FOO>foo</FOO>
>   <BAR>bar</BAR>
> </MANAGEMENTCONTROLLER>
> What field should we put to represent the iLO interfaces?

It's not so simple.

If HARDWARE table is the closest representation of a ComputerSystem, a BMC should be a HARDWARE entry:

<HARDWARE>
 <DEDICATED>14</DEDICATED> <!-- 14 = Server -->
 <REL_MANAGEMENTCONTROLLER ref="bmc1"/>
</HARDWARE>
<HARDWARE id="bmc1">
 <DEDICATED>41</DEDICATED> <!-- 41 = Management Controller -->
 <IPADRESS></IPADRESS>
 <PROCESSOR></PROCESSOR>
</HARDWARE>

We could even go further :

<ComputerSystem id="host1">
 <Dedicated>14</Dedicated> <!-- 14 == Server -->
 <IpAddress></IpAddress>
</ComputerSystem>

<ComputerSystem id="bmc1">
 <Dedicated>41</Dedicated> <!-- 41 == Management Controller -->
 <Relation name="HostedComponent" target="ComputerSystem" ref="bmc1" />
</ComputerSystem>

<IPProtocolEndPoint>
 <Relation name="HostedProtocolEndPoint" target="ComputerSystem" ref="bmc1" />
 <IpAddress></IpAddress>
</IPProtocolEndPoint>

<IPProtocolEndPoint>
 <Relation name="HostedProtocolEndPoint" target="ComputerSystem" ref="host1" />
 <IpAddress></IpAddress>
</IPProtocolEndPoint>

--
Stéphane Urbanovski