[Fusioninventory-devel] FusionInventory / GLPI / OPSI interoperability

detlef oertel d.oertel at uib.de
Fri Nov 5 11:53:53 UTC 2010

Am 04.11.2010 23:09, schrieb Gonéri Le Bouder:
> On Thu, Nov 04, 2010 at 08:45:22PM +0100, detlef oertel wrote:
>> Hi Gonéri,
> Hi Detlef,
>
>> nice to here from you.
>>
>> Yes , since Berlin we only worked on opsi 4.0.
>> So let me take your mail as wakeup call.
>> I installed the newest fusioninventory client on my PC,
>> run it local and found that for software inventory all (for opsi)
>> essential informations are included and for hardware inventory nearly
>> all essential information is present.
> Good news,
>
>> So I think it should be not a lot work to make this agent ready to run
>> with opsi: The results only have to be send in the correct JSON format
>> to the opsi server.
>>
>> But before I get more detailed i see a more basic problem (not only for
>> opsi):
>> The fusioninventory agent installs a small perl interpreter (which is
>> not the core problem) and sets a path entry to this perl directory.
>> And this is a problem, because if there is a other perl version on the
>> client which is needed by a other application i will get some trouble.
>> Even if a system administrator is not really sure if this problem may
>> perhaps be found on only some of his 500 clients, he will avoid to use
>> this agent.
>> This is not theoretical, but our experience. Our first software- and
>> hardware-inventory scripts where python scripts with a additional python
>> installation. And a lot of customers don't liked it for this reason. So
>> we switched to py2exe and deliverd the python code as exe.
> You're right. It's a sortcut we took some month ago to avoid another
> problem but we want to remove it http://forge.fusioninventory.org/issues/151
> I did some try with a tool called PAR::Packer which is similar to py2exe.
> It was working ok but was painful to maintain and worst debugging was hard
> to do. BTW, the point is we shouldn't touch the %PATH% and we are 100%
> agree with you.
That's fine

>> I will give you some more information about the JSON format which is
>> used in opsi 4.0 in the next days. As a first idea I attached the
>> fusioninventory xml file from my pc and the opsi software inventory in
>> JSON from the same box and our swaudit script as well.
>> More information later.
> For the moment the agent speak a proprietary XML over HTTP format inherited
> from OCS. But we will be happy to support JSON as an alternative.
> Do you have a documentation of the fields of the data structur generated by
> swaudit?
I will write it down and send it to you in few days.

regards

detlef

--

detlef oertel

Tel. +49 6131 / 27561-10
Fax  +49 6131 / 27561-22

eMail: d.oertel at uib.de

uib gmbh

Firmensitz / Anschrift:
Bonifaziusplatz 1B
55118 Mainz

internet: www.uib.de

Geschäftsführer: dr. detlef oertel
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Mainz HRB 6942