[Fusioninventory-devel] Deployment in unattended-gui (and others)

Gonéri Le Bouder goneri at rulezlan.org
Thu Nov 11 13:25:55 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 04, 2010 at 07:59:48AM +0100, Mario Gzuk wrote:
> Hi,
Hi Mario,

For the others, please take the time to read this, because it may be
used for any kind of remote command execution.

> Am 03.11.2010 21:40, schrieb Gonéri Le Bouder:
> > On Wed, Nov 03, 2010 at 03:49:24PM +0100, Mario Gzuk wrote:
> > Hi Mario,
>
> > What should the agent do once it has got the parameter for unattended-gui?
> > Store them somewhere or launch something?
>
> It should do something like this:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <REPLY>
I think the header should be more like that if we follow the INVENTORY XML
format example:
<REQUEST>
  <CONTENT>
  <QUERY>RUNCOMMAND</QUERY>
> 	<RUNTASK>INSTALLATION | UPDATE | USERINSTALL</RUNTASK>
Can't this be passed in the OPTS line too?

> 	<COMMAND>wemerge.cmd | wemerge.sh</RUNTASK>
> 	<OPTS>--automatic-service | --automatic-service-user ....</OPTS>
> 	<ENVIRONMENT>
> 		<VAR>FOO=BAR</VAR>
I suggest this instead which is a bit more in the spirit of what
already in the inventory.
 	<ENVS>
                <NAME>FOO</NAME>
		<VAR>BAR</VAR>
 	</ENVS>
 	<ENVS>
                <NAME>FOO2</NAME>
		<VAR>BAR2</VAR>
 	</ENVS>

> 	</ENVIRONMENT>
> 	<SHAREDATA>
> 		<MOUNTCMD>net use</MOUNTCMD>
> 		<SHARE>\\server\share</SHARE>
> 		<SHAREUSER>username</SHAREUSER>
> 		<SHAREPASS>password</SHAREPASS>
> 	</SHAREDATA>
How do you pass this to you agent, is it a parameter? If so
can't we put that in <OPTS> too?
> </REPLY>

For wpkg, we need to be able to retrieve files from the server. I suggest
something similar with ENVS:
<FILES>
<URL>http://toto/aa | \\server\aa\tt</URL>
<NAME></NAME>
<EXTRACT>1 | 0</EXTRACT> should the file be extracted (optional)
</FILES>

> This will be returned if the counter for this host on the server side is
> running out, so there is no need for an internal counter in the agent I
> think. Only the key in which interval the agent should contact the
> server for deployment - which should also retireved from the server.
> After that the agent should mount the share and run the specified
> COMMAND with the defined OPTS after setting the ENVIRONMENT VARs.

What is the format of the answer to expect? I suggest:

<RUN_DURATION>1234</RUN_DURATION> The time used to run the command (optional)
<RET_CODE></RET_CODE> (optional)
<LOG> (optional)
balbablabla
blaglablaba
balba
bablabal
</LOG>

> > A question regarding unattended-gui, is it possible to reuse the PHP server side
> > part for example, in GLPI? Or maybe through webservice?
>
> What do you mean with this? The software installation part? Can you
> explain this? What you want to do? As it is open source you can reuse
> the code as you want. If you need a interface (SOAP, PLAIN or whatever)
> it should be possible to integrate this into unattended-gui.
Yes, is it possible to interact with your agent from GLPI / GOSA / Foobar?
If so, how? I've no plan regarding that. I'm just curious to know how
it's possible to have interaction between our different projects.

Cheers,

    Gonéri