[Fusioninventory-devel] Pass CRON setings without changing OCS structure

Gonéri Le Bouder goneri at rulezlan.org
Thu Sep 2 15:20:53 UTC 2010

2010/9/2 David Touzeau <david at touzeau.eu>:
> And what about a "permanent" cron task ?
The agent is able to check if a job need to be done except it will do
the check after the prolog (when agent contact the server). So, at
best on time per hour. The rest of the time the agent is sleeping.
Only resquest on the HTTP server at processed. It remains possible to
use the HTTP server to wake up the agent.

In the 2.2 agent we want to improve the prolog mechanism to be able to
set a PROLOG_FREQ in minute
http://forge.fusioninventory.org/projects/fusioninventory-agent/wiki/Project-Prolog

With the 3.0 agent, it will be possible to trigger task with alert.
e.g: At 00:53, send an inventory to the server. We will do that think
to POE ( http://poe.perl.org ).

Best regards,
--
     Gonéri Le Bouder