[Fusioninventory-devel] feature request for GLPI 0.83

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 23:21:56 UTC 2011

Le 20/04/2011 23:24, David DURIEUX a écrit :

> Le Wed, 20 Apr 2011 23:22:12 +0200
> Guillaume Rousse <guillomovitch at gmail.com> a écrit:
>
>> [...]
>>
>> If virtual machines are inventored as other machines, why do we need to
>> specifically care about their mac adresses ?
>
> Because for FreeBSD jail for example, the only thing we can use to
> detect a VM is on a computer is mac address (we get too in sysctl value
> to check if it's jail or not). The mac seen in JAIL is the same like
> the physical on host.
OK, I guess you're refering to the information the agent host is
reporting about its guest then, so as to be able to establish the
relationship between both systems in GLPI. I was refering to the
information reported by the guest agent itself.

It is just not clear enough from the document.
--
BOFH excuse #84:

Someone is standing on the ethernet cable, causing a kink in the cable