[Fusioninventory-devel] renaming SNMPQuery task

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 11:14:33 UTC 2011

On 17/08/2011 12:46, David DURIEUX wrote:
> Le Wed, 17 Aug 2011 12:40:56 +0200
> Guillaume Rousse<guillomovitch at gmail.com>  a écrit:
>
>> On 17/08/2011 10:57, David DURIEUX wrote:

>>> This will require modifications on server (plugin GLPI) and will not
>>> work with released versions. I think I can made a release 2.3.7 with
>>> correction name of module.
>> If the agent still announce it to the server with its old name, and
>> accept server reply with either name, isn't it enough to ensure
>> compatibility ?
>>

> If agent use the oldname, it will works, but how agent know if it use
> old or new name ?
The agent will propose the task twice, with both names, and the server
will just reply to the one he is aware of.

A simple simple wrapper class is enough to avoid code duplication:

package FusionInventory::Agent::Task::SNMPQuery;

use FusionInventory::Agent::Task::NetInventory;
our $VERSION = $FusionInventory::Agent::Task::NetInventory::VERSION;

sub new {
     return FusionInventory::Agent::Task::NetInventory->new(@_);
}
--
BOFH excuse #231:

We had to turn off that service to comply with the CDA Bill.