[Fusioninventory-devel] Testing latest release on HP-UX

Walid nouh walid.nouh at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 08:41:20 UTC 2011

Hi Amir !

On 26/01/2011 09:28, Amir Pakdel wrote:
> Hi Gonéri,
>

> The prebuilt package you have put inhttp://prebuilt.fusioninventory.org/stable/hpux_11.23-IA64/  works like a charm.
> However, HP-UX was driving me mad!!! It does not support filenames longer than 100 characters in a tar archive!!!!
> It wasted a great deal of my time!!!! At last, I untarred the package on my linux desktop, renamed the directory from fusioninventory-agent_hpux_11.23-IA64_2.1.7-2 into fusinv-agent and created the tar file again, and it started to work on HP-UX without any problem :)
> Would you please do the same in the uploaded file inhttp://prebuilt.fusioninventory.org/stable/hpux_11.23-IA64/

do you use gnu tar ? If yes, then I'll check with Gonéri how to change
the file name, no problem.
> Two small things:
> - The agent leaves files named like /tmp/basahpux-2010-07-14-16-30-00.ocs on the server. Is it natural? Shouldn't it remove the file when done?
it's because when you untar the agent, the default agent.cfg file
contains a local=/tmp directive. Juste put local= and
FusionInventory-Agent won't perform local inventory anymore !
> - df command of HP-UX does not support -m option, which is used in FusionInventory/Agent/Task/OcsDeploy.pm; however, it does not cause any fatal error, but it should be replace with -k which reports free space in kilobytes.

Can you open a bug on the forge please ?

> Cheers,
Thanks a lot for you work Amir,
Walid.