[Fusioninventory-devel] new generic injection feature

Sébastien Dagnicourt dagnic_s at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 6 12:33:30 UTC 2011

Hello,
Of course I disagree a bit with that ... ;)
First, the ByHand "workaround" is documented. A little only, but it is.
Second, the goal was to provide an easy way for users to add software scripts. I mean, as an ocs/glpi administrator, I don't have ( and I don't want) to check or modify the scripts that users deliver to me.  I just have to copy them at the right place (or better : users just put them at the right place).
Even if the XML way permits more things than software discover, if ByHand is removed,  I will have to:
 1) Inform users where they have to write the output of their scripts
 2) Check that the output is correct
 3) Change all scripts already in place.

And I don't to have this work :)

Best regards,