[Fusioninventory-devel] FuisionInventory Agent GUI

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Thu May 26 08:22:15 UTC 2011

Le 26/05/2011 05:15, Amir Pakdel a écrit :
> It seems to me that everybody agrees upon one thing: Remote
> UNIX/Linux/MacOSX agent execution/Installation would not be useful. In
> fact, this GUI is for Windows based systems.
And I still think than a GUI for installing (meaning: deploying
binaries) a specific software remotely is not a good idea, even for Windows.

Also, remote execution is badly defined: it is calling a remote agent
located on a different host (ssh foo ./fusioninventory-agent), or is it
executing a local agent to inventory a different host (such as we do
currently for printers, and network gears). In the last case, we don't
need a GUI, we need support for this feature first...
--
BOFH excuse #430:

Mouse has out-of-cheese-error