[Fusioninventory-devel] A new (cosmetic) bug with Task Management.

Tomas Abad tabad at sescam.jccm.es
Thu Nov 17 13:27:11 UTC 2011

Hello,

   I have a new bug (I think so) about Management Task. Before the first.

   My FusionInventory for GLPI v0.80+1.0 test environment is as following:

      .- The server
         .- Ubuntu Server 10.04.3 LTS (Lucid Lynx) - Architecture AMD64
         .- OCS Inventory NG Management Server v2.0
         .- GLPI v0.80.5
            .- GLPI v0.80.5 Agents
               .- FusionInventory for GLPI v0.80+1.0 (old v2.4.0)
                  .- FusionInventory v2.4.0
                  .- FusionInventory INVENTORY v2.4.0
                  .- FusionInventory SNMP v2.4.0
               .- Shell Commands v1.4.0
               .- Bays Management v1.2.0 (Fixed)
                     (See
http://www.glpi-project.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=26014))

      .- The agents
         .- FusionInventory-Agent v2.1.11-1 (for Windows)
         .- FusionInventory-Agent v2.1.10-1 (for Windows)
         .- FusionInventory-Agent v2.1.9-3 (for Windows)
         .- FusionInventory-Agent v2.1.10-1 (for GNU/Linux)
         .- FusionInventory-Agent v2.1.9-3 (for GNU/Linux)

   The bug is related with jobs of type (with module) 'Network inventory
(SNMP)'. With this type of jobs, a new process in 'Running' state (no in
'Prepared' or 'Started' state, only in 'Running' state) appears as a
running process and, at the same time, as a successfully completed
process. It can cause confusion.

   This is a probe of that.

http://content.screencast.com/users/tabad/folders/Default/media/0a397c27-d554-43d9-81ef-81aab81e553e/79c0d41e29084e9a7a3e5c8f434938195ea7b0c9.png

   As final note, tell you than this doesn't happen with jobs of type
(with module) 'Network discovery'.

   Best regards.
                               Tomas Abad
                         Ingeniero de Sistemas