[Fusioninventory-devel] Proposed enhancements/corrections

Oliver Tuschhoff mail at oliver-tuschhoff.de
Tue Oct 4 13:32:51 UTC 2011

Dear FusionInventory-Team,

thank you for providing such a great piece of software. While deploying the
Agent into our environment I had to make several enhancements/corrections
which I wanted to give back (against Version 2.1.10):

fusioninventory-win32-service.patch:
Correcting the name of a utilized function of the Win32::Daemon package from
LastControlMessage() to QueryLastMessage().
The change in the underlying package seems to have happened in version
20101014 and is still current (
http://cpansearch.perl.org/src/JDB/Win32-Daemon-20110117/Changes).

solaris-plugins-zonename.patch:
While calling zonename to detect the zone-type, a newline-char (outputted by
zonename) prevents the correct detection.
The proposed patch sanitizes the output of zonename by piping its output
into tr -d [[:cntrl:]].
Affected solaris-plugins: CPU, Bios, Memory, Networks

solaris-network-plugin.patch:
While checking the autospeed-status of a bge network-adapter, the called
system-app (ndd) seems to be given bogus variables, which prevents correct
detection. The proposed patch aligns the variables of the affected call with
the rest of the plugin.

CPU.pm:
In our solaris-environment, the current CPU-plugin had severe problems
detecting the correct values. The proposed patch exchanges the whole
memconf-based
plugin for a kstat-based plugin. As an added benefit, the plugin-size and
complexity is severely shrunk.

The respective patches have been tested on:
- Windows 2003 R2/2008
- Solaris 10: x86/SPARC, global/local zone

I'd love to hear your feedback and would be thankful for including these
proposed patches.
Please notify me if I could be of any assistance.

Best regards,
Oliver Tuschhoff

--
Oliver Tuschhoff - Beratung und Training
Steinackerstr. 17, 64285 Darmstadt
E-Mail:  mail at oliver-tuschhoff.de
Skype:  oliver.tuschhoff