[Fusioninventory-devel] Fusioninventory-agent + systemd

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 07:57:50 UTC 2012

Le 18/04/2012 07:47, Remi Collet a écrit :
> So please remove this uggly file from contrib, or add a comment about it
> "beeing unusable".
I didn't removed the environment file definition, it is still present in
the service, so nothing prevent to pass any arbitrary options, including
--daemon --no-fork. So I'd rather say the service is usable, just not
foolproof.

Indeed, as there is few reason to run it as a service without
daemonizing the agent, this specific option should probably get
hardcoded. And I guess the --no-fork option should either get hardcoded
too, or the service type could also get changed to 'fork', to use
systemd feature rather than agent features.
--
BOFH excuse #52:

Smell from unhygienic janitorial staff wrecked the tape heads