[Fusioninventory-devel] Building the FusionInventory Agent Windows package...

Tomás Abad tabadgp at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 19:22:26 UTC 2012

   Hello Gonéri,

On 18/07/12 12:24, Gonéri Le Bouder wrote:
> 2012/7/18 Tomás Abad <tabadgp at gmail.com>:
>
>>    It is Ok. There will be an installer by platform. My (and your)
>> grandfathers will be happy, and the system administrators too, I hope.
>> ;)
> Hello Tomás,
>
> What the point to provide a 64bit installer when a 32bit agent works
> seamless on 64bit Windows.

   I think in a 64bits operative system should be 64bits applications
always that it may be possible.

   In this case, there are Strawberry Perl v5.16.0.1 for 32bits and
64bits and I think it's better install Strawberry Perl v5.16.0.1 32bits
into a 32bits operative system and Strawberry Perl v5.16.0.1 64bits into
a 64bits operative system.

   With the new FusionInventory Agent installer for Microsoft Windows
NSIS design, build the installer file to one or another platform will be
as simple as setting the value of a constant, I hope. ;)

   I wish to do that with the minimal effort. I don't like to work for
nothing; like you, I suppose.

   Best regards.

--
Tomas Abad
Ingeniero de Sistemas / Systems Engineer