[Fusioninventory-devel] Proposal for a new FusionInventory Agent command line parameter.

Tomás Abad tabadgp at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 11:11:35 UTC 2012

   Hello Gonéri,

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 11:53 AM, Gonéri Le Bouder <goneri at rulezlan.org> wrote:

> 2012/6/21 Tomás Abad <tabadgp at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
>
> >> --no-p2p -> --wakeonlan-no-p2p
> What about an '_'  to separate the task name and the task parameter:
> --deploy_no-p2p

   Could be. And what about double hyphen '--', for example, --deploy--no-p2p?

> >   I suppose that you would mean '--no-p2p -> --deploy-no-p2p', isn't it?
> Yes, that's right, p2p is used by deploy.
>
> >   In my opinion, it's also a far better solution at the moment but, for
> > new
> > versions of the agent, I would do that you have said above:
> >
> >      1) Change '--a-task-specific-option  ->  --task-option'
> >      2) Add the new option '--inventory-list-categories'
> >
> >   Please, think about that.
> Can you give an example how you want to call the agent with such
> parameters?

   Yes, of course, but I going to write the same that Guillaume wrote
above. With the following

         1) Change '--a-task-specific-option  ->  --task-option'

I wanted to say this:

         1) Change '--a-task-specific-option  ->
--<task_name>-<specific-option_name>

Examples:

         --no-category  ->  --inventory-no-category
         --scan-homedirs  ->  --inventory-scan-homedirs
         --html  ->  --inventory-format
         --force  ->  --inventory-force
         --tag  ->  --inventory-tag
         --backend-collect-timeout  ->  --inventory-module-timeout
         --additional-content  ->  --inventory-content-file
         ""                           ->  --inventory-list-categories

         --no-p2p  ->  --deploy-no-p2p

         [...]

   Best regards.