[Fusioninventory-devel] fusioninventory-esx

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 13:15:14 UTC 2013

Le 25/03/2013 11:13, Mario Gzuk a écrit :
> Hi,
> on windows the following changes are needed to run the
> fusioninventory-esx from perl\bin\:
>
> BEGIN {
>      use File::Spec;
>      use File::Basename;
>
>      my $directory = dirname(File::Spec->rel2abs( __FILE__ ));
>      # on Win2k, Windows do not chdir to the bin directory
>      # we need to do it by ourself
>      chdir($directory);
> }
> #!/usr/bin/perl
>
> use strict;
> use warnings;
> use lib '../agent';
>
> This may also be needed by: fusioninventory-netdiscovery and
> fusioninventory-netinventory
If the point is just to make sure than the path used  'use lib' stanza
works, that's not windows-specific, and not specific to fusioninventory-esx.

None of those script works if invocated from outside their top-level
directory, when using those default values. That's the installation
process (make install on unix) that turns relative pathes to absolute
pathes. The windows installation process should do it also.

--
BOFH excuse #257:

That would be because the software doesn't work.