[Fusioninventory-devel] Why to execute the Inventory task in all cases?

Tomás Abad tabadgp at gmail.com
Fri May 3 07:47:03 UTC 2013

   Hello to everybody,

   Now that I'm testing the new FusionInventory Agent v2.3.0, nowadays
in development, creating some NetInventory and NetDiscovery tasks in
FusionInventory for GLPI, I have seen, taking a look to the
FusionInventory Agent registry file, that the Inventory task is always
executed, independently of the task requested (NetDiscovery or
NetInventory, in this case).

   I think this behaviour is a waste of time and resources (It's an
opinion). I suppose there will be a good reason to do that but, why
don't execute only the requested task?

   Best regards,

--
Tomás Abad