[Fusioninventory-devel] Virtual Machine discovery on Hyper V 2012 / 2012 R2

Etienne DENEUVE edeneuve at nomadvantage.com
Thu May 28 08:07:45 UTC 2015

Hi There,

I've made some tweaks in the Hyper-V Perl script for detecting Virtual Machine on the Hyper V Host on 2012 and 2012 R2.
Microsoft made some change in the node \root\virtualization and create a new namespace called \root\virtualization\v2.
The class are the same as before but with this file in attachments the detection is working ;).

I don't know how to mix the 2008/2008 R2 and 2012/2012 R2 but I'm pretty sure you can do the best !
There is some other stuff we can add from the namespace, If you want I can give you some stuff to add in the VM discovery functionality in Hyper V, Xen and Proxmox (yes we have the 3)

Best Regards from France

Etienne Deneuve
Network and System Administrator
Nomadvantage