[Fusioninventory-user] Agentless windows discovery

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 12:14:59 UTC 2011

Le 05/01/2011 11:03, Flyinvap a écrit :
> Hi,
>
>   Is-it possible to discover Windows computers only with SNMP ?
> fusioninventory seems to use SNMP only for network devices.
>
>   I can't install anything on Windows servers but snmp agent is active
> some I would like to use it.
You can discover (there is something at adress x.y.z) any kind of host
with a tcp/ip stack on your network using either snmp, nmap, or netbios
(provided you have the relevant perl module on the agent conducting the
scan). However, the only way to identify those hosts (something is a
cisco switch), and to inventory them (it has 4 cpus, and 48 network
ports) thereafter is to use snmp, with a suitable description model in
fusioninventory.

AFAIK, there is no such model for windows hosts.
--
BOFH excuse #321:

Scheduled global CPU outage