[Fusioninventory-user] Agent not updating deleted components

Chris Wood CWood at ta-petro.com
Thu Sep 15 15:09:36 UTC 2011

Hello, I'd posted this on the forum, but I don't think anyone's seen
it....

I'm using  glpi 0.78.5 on a Scientific Linux 6.0 64 bit platform.
I have Fusioninventory plugin 2.3.6 installed, with Fusioninventory Agent
2.1.9
We wanted to see what would happen if we simulated changing the system
board on a server, which would change its MAC address. I deleted the
Connection representing "eth0", and then forced the agent to run on the
client (with --force option). The inventory item was never updated. I
suspect this may have something to do with the Equipment Import and Link
rules, but it seems that the agent should find a match on the serial
number, then update the existing computer record.
What do I need to do to get the Connection record updated from the agent?
We want the agent to update any existing Computer records with any missing
information.
Thank you
Chris