[Fusioninventory-user] FusionInventory Rules

Chris Wood CWood at ta-petro.com
Tue Sep 20 21:25:41 UTC 2011

This might be more of a request, but is there a way to eliminate the
"Engine stops on first rule checked?" We'd like to be able to trigger more
than one rule, because we could assign a computer to an entity based on
its tag or its IP address, but we could also assign a location based on
its IP address, but computers belonging to multiple entities would be at
the same location.

With the existing engine, we'd need hundreds of rules to do this, but if
there were a checkbox on each rule saying "Stop engine after matching this
rule?" we could set up generic rules that could be triggered for multiple
entities, then have a specific rule for assigning a computer to an entity.

Also, the rules engine doesn't give you many options for assigning results
(e.g. Network, Type, Group, etc) - I hope it would not be too difficult to
add these in?

Chris