[Fusioninventory-user] Really, really, i don't understand how SNMP works...

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 14:40:57 UTC 2012

Le 05/07/2012 18:23, Marco Gaiarin a écrit :
> Ok, but windows is just on 2.2: i can use a windows agent to make some
> test? I'm a bit scared to do a manual installation...
The agent is the same on all platforms, so you can use the one from your
choice.

However, if you want to get a grasp about what's happening, instead of
just getting empty results without feedback, you'd better get the hand a
little dirty:
- use a unix platform to have a confortable environment
- run the agent directly from command line, using the tools I suggested
earlier, rather than from the server
- forget about fancy features such as 'automatic agent management'

BTW, 'installing manually' is just downloading a tar.gz file from the
forge (for the released version), or from github (for the development
version), and decompressing into any suitable directory. You don't even
need to run 'make install', you can run everything right from this
directory.

--
If you must work on your flight, you will experience turbulence as soon
as you touch pen to paper