[Fusioninventory-user] Really, really, i don't understand how SNMP works...

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 18:01:34 UTC 2012

Le 16/07/2012 16:40, Marco Gaiarin a écrit :
> Mandi! Guillaume Rousse
>    In chel di` si favelave...
>
>> Both plugins merged:
>> https://github.com/guillomovitch/fusioninventory-agent-task-network
>
> Ok, i've run the script against two printer and a switch, with this
> result:
>
>   mouse:/usr/src/fi/guillomovitch-fusioninventory-agent-task-network-6fa999f# PERL5LIB=/usr/src/fi/guillomovitch-fusioninventory-agent-6e9e57b/lib perl fusioninventory-netinventory --host baleno.sv.lnf.it --model /tmp/5838867.xml > /tmp/baleno.out
>   Use of uninitialized value in string eq at lib/FusionInventory/Agent/Task/NetInventory.pm line 335.
>   Use of uninitialized value in string eq at lib/FusionInventory/Agent/Task/NetInventory.pm line 388.
>   Use of uninitialized value in string eq at lib/FusionInventory/Agent/Task/NetInventory.pm line 393.
>   mouse:/usr/src/fi/guillomovitch-fusioninventory-agent-task-network-6fa999f# PERL5LIB=/usr/src/fi/guillomovitch-fusioninventory-agent-6e9e57b/lib perl fusioninventory-netinventory --host hpljp2055-3.sv.lnf.it --model /tmp/1701111.xml > /tmp/hpljp2055-3.out
>   Use of uninitialized value in string eq at lib/FusionInventory/Agent/Task/NetInventory.pm line 335.
>   Use of uninitialized value in string eq at lib/FusionInventory/Agent/Task/NetInventory.pm line 388.
>   Use of uninitialized value in string eq at lib/FusionInventory/Agent/Task/NetInventory.pm line 393.
>   mouse:/usr/src/fi/guillomovitch-fusioninventory-agent-task-network-6fa999f# PERL5LIB=/usr/src/fi/guillomovitch-fusioninventory-agent-6e9e57b/lib perl fusioninventory-netinventory --host himika.sv.lnf.it --model /tmp/J9021A.xml  > himika.out
>   mouse:/usr/src/fi/guillomovitch-fusioninventory-agent-task-network-6fa999f#
>
> Attached the file .out.
>
> Seems that works (eg, some SNMP data are taken), but seems to me a little
> ''scarce''..
If you don't use models known to perfectly fit your current
hardware/firmware combination, that's the expected result..

The warnings should not happen, tough. Can you open a bug report on the
forge
(http://forge.fusioninventory.org/projects/fusioninventory-agent-task-network/issues),
and attach an snmpwalk output, with numerical Oids (snmpwalk -v 1 -c
<community> -On <host>), for me to reproduce the issue ? Thanks.

> Now? ;-)
Well, either try the community tool for which David posted an
announcement last week, which is supposed to automagically gives you the
exact model you need. Or dig the code to understand how to create the
model yourself, as there is no documentation available.

--
The enemy invariably attacks on two occasions: when they're ready
		-- Murphy's Military Laws n°80