[Fusioninventory-user] Use fusioninventory to provision an ldap host directory ?

Vincent Membré vincent.membre at normation.com
Wed Oct 24 12:41:02 UTC 2012

Le 24/10/2012 12:41, Gonéri Le Bouder a écrit :
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 07:02:47AM +0200, bloguillard wrote:
>> Looking around, I found this:
>>
>> https://github.com/Normation/ldap-inventory
>>
>> Wouldn't that be related to what I'm looking for ?
> Indeed, Normation's Rudder load FusionInventory Agent XML and
> push them in a OpenLDAP directory.
This is very close to what you intend to do.

We use Fusion Inventory Agent to get informations about the node we
manage in Rudder.
Nodes send their inventories to ldap-inventory endpoint which translate
them and insert them into the ldap.

Finally, the rudder server can make requests on those informations.

As Gonéri said, for more information, you can contact us on #rudder on
Freenode.

Regards,

--
Vincent Membré