[Fusioninventory-user] DMZ deployment options

Benjamin Huntsman BHuntsman at mail2.cu-portland.edu
Tue Oct 30 19:55:31 UTC 2012

Hi there!
   We've been running GLPI for the better part of a year, but just installed FusionInventory yesterday.
   We use the OCS Agent, and have a front-end communication server in our DMZ so that Agents can report even if they're at an end-user's home or not on the VPN, etc.  The OCS database and front-end interface reside on our internal network.  Our GLPI interface is on a separate server also on the internal network, though it uses the OCS server's MySQL instance for its database.
   We'd like to switch to FusionInventory, but due to security concerns, etc, we are hoping there's a good way to to have a DMZ-based Communication Server or something that the FusionInventory Agents can talk to across the regular internet, but without having to put our entire GLPI instance and/or database out in the DMZ.  We'd like that part to be secure and inaccessible from the regular internet.  Furthermore, we like the scalability approach of having multiple Communication Servers.

   So, is anything like that available, possible, or in the works?

Many thanks!

-Ben