[Fusioninventory-user] DMZ deployment options

Benjamin Huntsman BHuntsman at mail2.cu-portland.edu
Wed Oct 31 15:22:09 UTC 2012

Why not implement a small, stand-alone communication server front-end, based on a derivative of the OCS Communication Server, that can accept the inventory from the agent, and write it directly into the GLPI database?  This way, you could have a host in the DMZ running the Communication Server, and have firewall rules only allowing traffic to port 443, and on the back-end, firewall rules only allowing MySQL DB connections in to the GLPI DB server?

The FusionInventory systems offers a lot of potential advantages, but due to these security concerns, I'm leaning toward sticking with OCS and a DMZ-based Communication Server.

Thanks!