[Fusioninventory-user] DMZ deployment options

Gonéri Le Bouder goneri at rulezlan.org
Wed Oct 31 17:11:53 UTC 2012

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 03:22:09PM +0000, Benjamin Huntsman wrote:
> Why not implement a small, stand-alone communication server
> front-end, based on a derivative of the OCS Communication
> Server, that can accept the inventory from the agent, and
> write it directly into the GLPI database?  This way, you
> could have a host in the DMZ running the Communication Server,
> and have firewall rules only allowing traffic to port 443, and
> on the back-end, firewall rules only allowing MySQL DB connections
> in to the GLPI DB server?
That's exactly what is suggested in my mail. You install collect.php
on one of the server of the DMZ. It will collect the inventories.
You will then have to fetch these inventories and push them in the
GLPI server. I can hardly be easier.

http://www.fusioninventory.org/documentation/fi4g/dmz/

Best regards,
--