[Fusioninventory-user] FusionInventory Agent 2.3.0 released!

Jérôme Perriguey jerome.perriguey at nancy.inra.fr
Fri Aug 2 11:32:42 UTC 2013

Hello,
Since this new version, fusioninventory-esx produce the following errors :

Can't locate FusionInventory/Agent/HTTP/Client/Fusion.pm in @INC (@INC
contains: /usr/share/fusioninventory/lib /usr/local/lib64/perl5
/usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl
/usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at
/usr/share/fusioninventory/lib/FusionInventory/Agent/Task/ESX.pm line 8.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/share/fusioninventory/lib/FusionInventory/Agent/Task/ESX.pm line 8.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/bin/fusioninventory-esx line 14.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/bin/fusioninventory-esx line 14.

(installed from guillomovitch repo)

any ideas ?

Thanks in advance

J Perriguey
> Hello FusionInventory users,
>
> The FusionInventory Agent maintainers are glad to announce the 2.3.0 release.
>
> You can download the archive from the forge
>    http://forge.fusioninventory.org/attachments/download/1016/FusionInventory-Agent-2.3.0.tar.gz
> or directly from the CPAN
>    https://metacpan.org/release/FusionInventory-Agent
>
> The installer and packages will be published during the comming days.
>
> This is a major release that include various important changes. We want to
> thank all the people involved during the developement process.
>
> ## This release changelog
>
> ### distribution:
>
> * Deploy, Network and ESX tasks are now integrated in the distribution
> * new fusioninventory-inventory executable, dedicated to inventory task
>
> ### core:
>
> * no more thread usage for HTTP interface
> * no more token usage for HTTP interface, request source address is enough
> * --httpd-trust option now allows multiple values
> * --daemon and --no-fork options are now available from command-line only
>
> ### inventory task:
>
> * add DNS_DOMAIN, BOOT_TIME and FQDN in OPERATINGSYSTEM section (#1197, #1347, #1358)
> * collect public SSH keys
> * collect local users and groups (#1570, #1870)
> * collect license key for MS Office on Windows (#152)
> * collect software from user profile on Windows(#1674)
> * collect license key for Adobe suite, Panic's Transit, VMware Fusion on MacOs
> * collect service package version on AIX (#1896)
> * collect manufacturer information for memories (#1735)
> * enforce consistent handling of USB and PCI identifiers (#1861)
> * enforce consistent TYPE values for network interfaces (#1838)
> * various UTF8 encoding fixes
> * better stripping of bogus values
> * Megaraid and 3ware RAID controller support on BSD (Egor Morozov)
> * Megaraid controller support on Linux (Egor Morozov)
> * support new OpenVZ configuration on Linux (Alessandro Iurlano)
> * LPAR support on AIX (#950, #952)
> * FreeBSD jail support on BSD (#736, #1555)
> * better caching of system_profiler output (#2076)
> * better Qemu support (#2106)
> * better OpenVM support (#1774)
> * better HyperV support (#1989, #1990, #1991)
> * fix CPU inventory for non-i386 arches on Linux (#2172)
> * better CPU inventory on Solaris (#1741, #1905, #2152)
> * better memory inventory on Solaris (#1711, #1714, #1737)
> * better slot inventory on Solaris (#1730)
> * fix VXFS filesystem identification on Solaris (#1696)
> * minimal support for busybox-specific command output (#1372)
> * no more memconf usage on Solaris
> * no more Mac::SysProfile usage on MacOS (#1646)
>
> ### wake-on-lan task:
>
> * ethernet and udp methods support on all systems
>
> ### netdiscovery task:
>
> * fix for regression introduced during code refactoring regarding printers
>    identification
>
> ### test suite:
>
> * check the link for 404 error in the doc
> [...]

Jérôme Perriguey
DSI/SDAR -- Equipe Informatique de Centre
Centre INRA de Nancy
rue d'Amance, 54280 Champenoux
Tél : +33 (0)3 83 39 40 89