[Fusioninventory-user] About Feature #153 - Retrieve MS Office serial number on Windows

Gonéri Le Bouder goneri at rulezlan.org
Mon Jun 10 12:20:38 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jun 05, 2013 at 04:44:09PM -0300, Mario Jorge de Sousa Freire wrote:
> Hello!
Hi Mario,

> We're interested in this Feature #153 - Retrieve MS Office serial number
> on Windows
> http://forge.fusioninventory.org/issues/153
>
> Have two questions:
> 1) Why title was changed from "Retrieve serial numbers and licences of
> software on Windows" for "Retrieve MS Office serial number on Windows"? We
> prefer to get all software serial numbers, if possible...
Like us, but a code snippet is required for every software. So
far we did:

Windows: MS Office
MacOSX: Adobe suite, Panic's Transit, VMware Fusion

Adobe support on Windows should be easily added.

> 2) Do you still need information to implement this feature?
Well, we need to prepare those snippet. So we need to know
how to get the information (registry, special file, etc).

> Thanks a lot in advance!
You're welcome :)
--
    Gonéri