[Fusioninventory-user] fileinfo check

Michael Cervone torroba3364 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 5 22:36:00 UTC 2013

Hello.

I have just tried to install the Fusioninventory plugin in glpi.  I am getting an error about the fileinfo extension not being enabled in PHP.  I am using a hosting site and after some digging today, I found that the Fusioninventory plugin is doing a check on the function, "mime_content_type".

The tech wrote the following to me (which probably means it will be a while until I can use the plugin), and I was wondering if there is any remedy...??

The tech said:
--
If you check official PHP website you will see that function "mime_content_type" is deprecated:

http://ua2.php.net/manual/en/function.mime-content-type.php

and should be replaced with different functions provided by "fileinfo" PECL module.
That is why your plugin says "fileinfo" is not enabled. I would recommend you to upgrade this plugin to some newer version which makes "fileinfo" check properly.
--

Thanks much for any advice you can provide....

Mike

Sent from my iPad