[Fusioninventory-user] FusionInventory Agent 2.3.2 released!

Tomás Abad tabadgp at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 11:06:43 UTC 2013

Hello Mario,

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 10:19 AM, Mario Gzuk <mariogzuk at technikz.de> wrote:
> [...]
>
> BTW: Is there a reason why
> http://prebuilt.fusioninventory.org/stable/windows-x64/ is in the registry
> as the updateurl?

I suppose you talk about the URLUpdateInfo key of the following
Windows Registry (or equivalent).

=== Windows Registry Example. Windows XP SP3 (x86) ===
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\FusionInventory-Agent]
"Architecture"=dword:00000020
"DisplayIcon"="C:\\Program Files\\FusionInventory-Agent\\Uninstall.exe"
"DisplayName"="FusionInventory Agent 2.3.2 (x86 edition)"
"DisplayVersion"="2.3.2"
"HelpLink"="http://forge.fusioninventory.org/projects/fusioninventory-agent"
"InstallerVersion"="2.2.9903"
"InstallLocation"="C:\\Program Files\\FusionInventory-Agent"
"NoModify"=dword:00000001
"NoRepair"=dword:00000001
"Publisher"="FusionInventory Team"
"UninstallString"="C:\\Program Files\\FusionInventory-Agent\\Uninstall.exe"
"URLUpdateInfo"="http://prebuilt.fusioninventory.org/stable/windows-x86/"
"VersionMayor"=dword:00000002
"VersionMinor"=dword:00000003
"VersionPatch"=dword:00000000
"VersionRelease"=dword:00000002
=== Windows Registry Example. Windows XP SP3 (x86) ===

Well, when I started with the new installer for Microsoft Windows the
http://prebuilt.fusioninventory.org/stable/ URL was the official URL
to get the packages or installers of FusionInventory Agent. To be
coherent with the new terminology used for the architecture (x86 and
x64) I thought that the
http://prebuilt.fusioninventory.org/stable/windows-x86/ and
http://prebuilt.fusioninventory.org/stable/windows-x64/ URLs could be
taken as valid, and I so did it.

Nowadays I don't know whether
http://prebuilt.fusioninventory.org/stable is, or will be, the
official URL where you can download the packages or installers from.
At the moment, and despite the value of URLUpdateInfo, you can only
get the FusionInventory Agent installer for Microsoft Windows from
http://forge.fusioninventory.org/projects/fusioninventory-agent-windows-installer/files
and http://sourceforge.net/projects/fiawi/files/2.3.x/.

Best regards,

--