[Fusioninventory-user] Unexpected error in FusionInventory::Agent::Task::Inventory::Win32::Users: WMI connection failed

Kevin Roy kiniou at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 18:36:52 UTC 2014

Hi Mario,

On 3 April 2014 18:39, Mário Jorge de Sousa Freire
<mario.freire at camara.leg.br> wrote:
> Now facing a new error in inventory (Windows 7 - 64 bits - agent 2.3.5):
> [debug] unexpected error in
> FusionInventory::Agent::Task::Inventory::Win32::Users: WMI connection
> failed: Win32::OLE(0.1709) error 0x800401e4: "Invalid Syntax" after
> character 0 in "winmgmts:\\.\root\CIMV2" at
> ../agent/FusionInventory/Agent/Task/Inventory/Win32/Users.pm line 68.

With a little google search, i found a KB from microsoft
(http://support.microsoft.com/KB/171724) which states that OLE must be
initialized before getting an object and the Win32::OLE->Initialize()
must be used.

>From a quick look at Win32/Users.pm, this initialization doesn't seem
to be performed therefore this should most probably explain your
issue.

> In these cases, only a fraction of software installed is shown in GLPI gui.
> But it seems to occur only in a few machines...

Users.pm is in no way related to your software shortlist issue.

> Have you ever seen this?

I've never seen those errors but it is usually related to some Active
Directory setup if any.
Maybe your Active Directory is too old (or too recent ... i really
don't know ;-) )

> Any suggestion?

You can file an issue in the fusioninventory-agent project at
http://forge.fusioninventory.org/projects/fusioninventory-agent.

Cheers,
--
Kevin Roy