[Fusioninventory-user] S/N mismatch: HP laserjet printers...

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 08:32:52 UTC 2014

Le 09/04/2014 15:44, Marco Gaiarin a écrit :

> I think i've hit another S/N (mis)interpretation/mismatch in FI, but
> this time hit USB printers and not monitors.
>
> I'm using the last version, on windows, and i got, for example:
>
>   Printer: HP LaserJet Professional P1102
>   S/N printed on printer label: VNC4N51108
>   S/N catched by FI: 000000000Q80HNBLPR1a
>
>   Printer: HP LaserJet Professional P1102w
>   S/N printed on printer label: VNC4J71069
>   S/N catched by FI: 000000000Q91MZPPPR1a
>
> Say me if more data are needed. Thanks.
Open a bug report, and provide the following part of registry:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Enum/USBPRINT
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Enum/USB

As usual, if the problem is a discrepancy between what the vendor prints
on the label, and what the manufacturer set in the firmware, there isn't
much to do from agent side...
--
Guillaume