[Fusioninventory-user] how to use agent.cfg configuration file on windows

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 19:46:23 UTC 2014

Le 01/01/2014 00:25, insrc a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I'm just wondering if the fusioninventory agent running as a service on
> windows can be configured by agent.cfg file  instead of reading its
> configuration from the registry please ?
>
> And if "--config=file" is supported on windows, could you please tell me
> how to pass this option on the command line when running the windows
> installer in silent/unattended mode :-) ?
Hello.

This command line switch is supported on Windows, but there is no way to
pass any switch to the service currently...

Feel free to try this patch, if you're interested. You'll have to change
the service definition therafter, with a command such as

SC CONFIG AgentServiceName binPath= "C:\path\to\perl.exe
c:\path\to\fusioninventory-win32-service --config=file
--conf-file=c:\path\to\agent.cfg"

Beware, I didn't tested anything, and I don't know exact service name,
nor the exact path to use :)
--
Guillaume