[Fusioninventory-user] Network Inventory after discovery

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 08:04:42 UTC 2014

Le 25/07/2014 15:51, Yannick MOLINET a écrit :
> HI all,
>
> I have an issue to inventory some snmp hosts.
>
> I have launched a network discovery by a remote fusioninventory-agent.
> Some equipement are imported in GLPI as unknow hardware.
>
> When I try to launch a netword inventory to identify this hardware,
> fusion give me this log « Nothing to inventory ».
The vocabulary here is quite misleading, indeed.

Following a network discovery task, everything found will be imported
directly in your inventory if:
  1) the device category (computer, printer, networking device) is
identified
  2) an import rule matches
Everything else will be left in "unknown hardware" category, which
should rather be called "unknown category", or even better "staging
area", as you may have identified device there, if the second condition
(import rule) doesn't match...

Anyway, in order to run a network inventory task against any device, it
must first be imported into your inventory. Everything in "unknown
hardware" category is not considered as belonging to your inventory for
this.
--
Guillaume Rousse