[Fusioninventory-user] how to net discovery, net inventory

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Tue May 6 19:14:52 UTC 2014

Le 13/04/2014 07:33, V Spagnolo a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I've spent the day on this and am getting nowhere. I've read the forum,
> the docs, watched some youtube videos (though not of sufficient quality
> for me to follow what was being shown) and am stuck. I feel like I am
> missing something really basic since I am having such difficulty.
>
> I am using GLPI 0.84.5 and fusioninventory-for-glpi_0.84+2.2.tar.gz in a
> debian wheezy environment.
>
> My questions,
>
> 1) Are their simple, clear instructions for network discovery and
> network inventory?
http://www.fusioninventory.org/documentation/fi4g/networkdiscovery/

Hint: use command line, and forget about GLPI while testing. As long as
you're not able to get results directly with the agent, that's useless
to have GLPI as an additional layer.

> 2) Where are the logs? Administration->logs only shows that nothing is
> running. What if something runs? Where are those logs?
The agent logs where you instruct you to do so (see
fusioninventory-agent(1) man page for details).

GLPI logs are in <glpi_root>/files/_log. You can have raise logging
level in Fusioninventory plugin configuration.
--
Guillaume