[Fusioninventory-user] Working with SNMP... Again...

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 14:12:17 UTC 2014

Le 12/11/2014 14:28, Marco Gaiarin a écrit :
> Mandi! Guillaume Rousse
>    In chel di` si favelave...
>
>>> Anyway, i'm really frustrated: it is two month that i try to make SNMP
>>> inventory work, without any success... :(((
>> Given the lack of documentation and the state of the code, I really
>> doubt anyone has been able to make it work without external help
>> either...
>
> What?! You meant that the SMTP code in fi plugin/agent is
> unstable/unmantained?
Beware of the fuzzy semantic here... This code is definitively
unstable:look at the amount of change in the 2.3.x branch, including at
least two major changes. And for exactly the same reason, it can no be
considered as unmaintained.

I just meant I never found someone telling me he was able to make it
work out-of-the box. Especially when this code relied on an external
knowledge database (SNMP dictionnary and models), without any
coverage/quality testing. This isn't the case anymore, but we still
didn't updated the documentation.

For all those reasons, I'd rather qualify this feature as 'basically
working, but barely usable without external help currently'.