[Fusioninventory-user] Container OpenVZ (Proxmox) and UUID

David DURIEUX d.durieux at siprossii.com
Tue Jun 2 08:10:36 UTC 2015

Le Tue, 02 Jun 2015 09:28:22 +0200
Guillaume Rousse <guillomovitch at gmail.com> a écrit:

>Le 26/05/2015 15:41, Matthieu.Marc at ensam.eu a écrit :
>> Finally I managed to make it working patching two files :
>> Vmsystem.pm and Virtuozzo.pm to make the UUID of the guest = UUID +
>> "-" + CT_ID.
>>
>> Le patch was made for 2.3.16 version.
>>
>> To be able to make it working, dmidecode must be working on the
>> guest. To do so, yo must configure the guest with the two following
>> command (stop the guest first) :
>>
>>    vzctl set $VEID --devnodes mem:r --save
>>    vzctl set $ VEID  --capability sys_rawio:on --save
>>
>> If someone found another way to get an identifier of the host from
>> the guest, the two previous command would be useless.
>Rather than changing guest ID to include host ID so as to make it
>globally unique (whereas it is currently host-specific), I think just
>populating the dedicated host ID attribute (UUID) on the guest would
>be enough, and far less intrusive.
>
>Of course, the algorithm used on GLPI side to establish the
>relationship beween host and guest should be:
>- virtual machine ID (HARDWARE/VMID element) on the guest should match
>virtual machine ID (VIRTUALMACHINE/VMID) on the host
>- physical machine ID (HARDWARE/UUID element) on the guest should
>match physical machine ID (VIRTUALMACHINE/UUID) on the host
>
>The first condition in enough only for virtualization technologies
>that use globaly unique virtual machine identifiers.
>
>David ?

Not really understand that, UUID is unique, so not undertand how it's
possible to have same UUID on multiple VMs...

FOr me it's a problem with vm system you use and made some
modifications like it in UUID fields is not a good idea (glpi wait UUID
and if not in right format can ignore it, code used to associate VM and
host will be broker...)

David
++