[Fusioninventory-user] Container OpenVZ (Proxmox) and UUID

Matthieu.Marc at ensam.eu Matthieu.Marc at ensam.eu
Tue May 26 13:18:23 UTC 2015

I have the same problem using 2.3.16.

I am starting trying modifying UUID of the guest container in ./lib/FusionInventory/Agent/Task/Inventory/Virtualization/Vmsystem.pm :

my $vmid = $type eq 'Virtuozzo' ?
        _getOpenVZVmID(logger => $logger) : undef;

    my $uuid = $type eq 'Xen' ? _getXenUUID(logger => $logger) :
               $type eq 'LXC' ? _getLibvirtLXC_UUID(logger => $logger) :
               undef;

 # BEGIN NEW
    if (
       $type eq 'Virtuozzo' && defined $vmid
    ) {
       $uuid = $inventory->{content}{HARDWARE}{UUID} . "-" . $vmid;
       $vmid = $uuid;
    }
# END NEW

    $inventory->setHardware({
        VMSYSTEM => $type,
        UUID     => $uuid,
        VMID     => $vmid
    });

So that the UUID of the guest is  UUID + "-"  + VM_ID

But when importing the guest, it override the host. (the UUID of the host and of the guest are not equal anymore).

Cordialy