[Fusioninventory-user] Network inventory: SNMP MIBS

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 18:13:05 UTC 2016

Le 16/09/2016 à 04:20, Kevin THIERRY a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I am currently configuring FusionInventory to automatically inventory
> SNMP capable devices. Unfortunately a lot of them are just discovered
> but not inventoried. I guess it is due to the devices MIBS not being
> supported by FusionInventory. Is there a documentation explaining how I
> could add support for these devices (match information fields with the
> correct OIDs)? Thank you.
Hi Kevin.

Inventory of network assets has always been badly documented...

Devices discovered by the 'network discovery' task are not automatically
added to the inventory, they are reported to the GLPI server, and
processed according to import rules. So, if those devices don't appear
in your assets list, they are probably waiting in some staging area for
which I don't remember the exact name, nor do I remember how to access
this area.

In order to inventory those device (meaning: collecting additional
information), you have to first import them (either manually, from the
staging area) or correct your import rules to automatically accept them
next time (beware for duplicates...). Then you have to run a 'network
inventory' task with them as target.

Additional information:
- http://fusioninventory.org/documentation/tasks/networkdiscovery.html
- http://fusioninventory.org/documentation/fi4g/importrules.html

The only additional knowledge you may want to add to the agent database
is the SNMP SysObjectId value identifying each device model, in
sysobject.ids file. However, its only purpose is to automatically
populate the "model" field sent by the agent to the server on network
discovery.

Hope this helps.
--
Guillaume