[Fusioninventory-user] adding additional content to the inventory

Guillaume Rousse guillomovitch at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 18:20:43 UTC 2017

Hello.

Le 22/02/2017 à 14:54, Lucia Morganti a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> in the computing center where I work we installed and configured GLPI
> version 9.1.2 and plugin FusionInventory 2.1.14 on RHEL7.
>
> We don't manage to add additional content to the inventory foolowing the
> instructions here
> http://fusioninventory.org/documentation/agent/additional_content.html),
> which would be a highly desirable feature for us.
2.1.14 is an agent version, 5 years old now, not a plugin version. I'm
not sure exactly when did the --additional-content flag appears, but I'm
quite confident it didn't existed at that time.

> Should this depend on the old version of the installed plugin, we also
> installed plugin FusionInventory 2.3.18, which gave us even more
> problems. For instance, all the software magically disappeared from the
> inventored machines.
>
> Did you experience the same?
As explained here (http://fusioninventory.org/documentation/bugreport,
check the software list appears in the agent output, and if it does, you
probably have a server issue.

Anyway, the basic idea about "additional content" is:
- if this content type is already handled by GLPI (for instance, adding
additional software or hardware not found the agent), GLPI will display
it as usual
- if this content type is unknown from GLPI (for instance, list of SSL
certificates) you won't be able to exploit it on server side without
server-side developement

--
Guillaume