[Fusioninventory-user] runCommand function for the Collect task

Rozan, Guillaume (Ext) guillaume.rozan at novartis.com
Tue Dec 19 15:19:37 UTC 2017

Hi,

We are using the runCommand function of the Collect task, to send some custom data to the inventory.

This feature has been disabled for a while now in lib/FusionInventory/Agent/Task/Collect.pm, forcing us to maintain a custom fusioninventory-agent rpm.
I see that one can push additional content<http://fusioninventory.org/documentation/agent/additional_content.html>, still, but the runCommand is just more practical to quickly retrieve the output of a little command.
Plus, as the job is defined on the server-side, we do not need to reconfigure the client machines when we want to retrieve a new custom data.

Why has it been disabled? Any chance to have it back?

Regards,

Guillaume Rozan