[Fusioninventory-user] Monitor model is registered as "Name" but not as "Model" in GLPI

Frank Thommen fusioninventory at lists.drosera.ch
Mon May 24 21:03:21 BST 2021

Hi,

monitor models are not registered in GLPI.  Instead what is the model is
registered as "Name" (monitors don't usually have a name, though ;-).

In the agent's output, the model appears as "CAPTION":

     <MONITORS>
       <BASE64>[...]</BASE64>
       <CAPTION>DELL U3415W</CAPTION>
       <DESCRIPTION>49/2018</DESCRIPTION>
       <MANUFACTURER>Dell Inc.</MANUFACTURER>
       <SERIAL>F1T1W8C50ANL</SERIAL>
     </MONITORS>

IMHO the content of this field should be inventorized as "Model" and not
as "Name".

I'm not sure if this is a problem of the Agent or the FI-GLPI plugin or
if the behaviour is supposed to be so.  Any further information is
appreciated

We are using GLPI 9.5.5 and FI agent 2.6-1.el7 on CentOS 7.x

Cheers, Frank