[libhid-discuss] libhid on windows?

Mike Zhu phantomdragon_tack at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 15 14:20:34 UTC 2007

The professor I'm working for wants to get his usb device driver to work on windows.  His code was written in linux using libhid. On your web page, it says that libhid should work on windows, but I've checked online, and I don't see how to do it.  I'm using the gcc compiler on cygwin.  When i try to configure and compile libhid on cygwin, it says that libhid is currently not supported on cygwin-i686-pc .  I was wondering if there was some way to get libhid onto windows without using cygwin.  Also, would it work if i just copied the libhid library from a linux system and put it into windows?  Has anyone gotten libhid to work on windows yet, and if so, could you tell me how to do it?  Your help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.