[libhid-discuss] calling all users of RPM-based distributions...

Xiaofan Chen xiaofanc at gmail.com
Thu May 3 13:31:59 UTC 2007

On 5/3/07, Charles Lepple <clepple at ghz.cc> wrote:
> One of the things that slipped off the end of my to-do list for
> 0.2.16 was to fix up the RPM spec file so that you could build
> straight from the tarball (e.g. "rpmbuild -tb libhid-0.2.16.tar.gz").
>
> The advantage of the new autoconf/automake "make dist" support is
> that when we cut a release, the rpm/libhid.spec file can be generated
> from a libhid.spec.in with the version number substituted in.
>
> Any adventurous users of Fedora Core or CentOS who could help test
> this out?

I am not really a CentOS user (using Ubuntu more) but I have CentOS 5
installed on one of the partitions.

[mcuee at localhost libhid]$ uname -a
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.18-8.1.3.el5 #1 SMP Mon Apr 30
19:55:44 EDT 2007 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
[mcuee at localhost libhid]$ ls
libhid-0.2.16.tar.gz  libhid-svn  svn.sh
[mcuee at localhost libhid]$ sudo rpmbuild -tb libhid-0.2.16.tar.gz
error: Name field must be present in package: (main package)
error: Version field must be present in package: (main package)
error: Release field must be present in package: (main package)
error: Summary field must be present in package: (main package)
error: Group field must be present in package: (main package)
error: License field must be present in package: (main package)

Regards,
Xiaofan