[libhid-discuss] Installation problems with libhid-0.2.16

Charles Lepple clepple at ghz.cc
Fri May 4 01:36:17 UTC 2007

On May 3, 2007, at 10:18 AM, Xiaofan Chen wrote:

> As a not-so-correct work-around, the following  command solved the
> issue.
>
> [mcuee at localhost libhid-svn]$ sudo cp /usr/lib/libpython2.4.so*
> /usr/lib/python2.4/config/
>
> With this "not-so-correct" fix, both the svn version and the 0.2.16
> version
> can be built.

To prevent problems on future upgrades, I would remove the .so files
from /usr/lib/python2.4/config and use "ln -s" instead of "cp".

It's a hack either way, though. While RedHat may have been doing the
"proper" thing by moving the libraries up a directory, it goes
against the de facto convention of using the LIBPL sysconfig variable
to access that library.

I guess we'll have to check both places.

--
Charles Lepple