[libhid-discuss] calling all users of RPM-based distributions...

Charles Lepple clepple at ghz.cc
Fri May 4 13:04:25 UTC 2007

On May 3, 2007, at 11:52 PM, Xiaofan Chen wrote:

> On 5/4/07, Charles Lepple <clepple at ghz.cc> wrote:
>> The version in SVN (after rev. 342, preferably at least 348) should
>> generate a tarball that you can test with. You may have to re-run
>> autogen.sh, etc. to pick up the version change.
>>

> Sorry but I do not see the generation of the tarball.
>
> [mcuee at localhost rpm]$ ls
> libhid.spec  libhid.spec.in
> [mcuee at localhost rpm]$ sudo rpmbuild libhid.spec
> error: File /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/libhid-0.2.17.0.0.tar.gz: No such
> file or directory

I think rev. 349 has the fix for this.

In case you're curious, the extra ".0.0" on the end is for the shared
library version number. Since I can't seem to figure out how to get
Martin's macros to properly set the library versions, I have
hardcoded some things, and returned to a normal-looking version number.

--
Charles Lepple