[libhid-discuss] hid_force_open & non-root access using udev and also other platforms

Folkert van Heusden folkert at vanheusden.com
Sun Oct 7 21:41:24 UTC 2007

Hi,

In test_libhid.c I found the following code/text regarding hid_force_open:

>  * To open the HID, you need permission to the file in the /proc usbfs
>  * (which must be mounted -- most distros do that by default):
>  *   mount -t usbfs none /proc/bus/usb
>  * You can use hotplug to automatically give permissions to the device on
>  * connection. Please see
>  *   http://cvs.ailab.ch/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/external/libphidgets/hotplug/
>  * for an example. Try NOT to work as root!

Now I was wondering:
- is there an udev solution for this?
- and on other platforms like *BSD, will hid_force_open work as well?

Folkert van Heusden

--
Multitail est un outil permettant la visualisation de fichiers de
journalisation et/ou le suivi de l'exécution de commandes. Filtrage,